Dealing with the Tough Stuff: How to Achieve Results from Crucial Conversations
July 2012, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Packed with practical and pragmatic suggestions and methods for dealing with the tough stuff at work, this unique and helpful book features simple diagnostics, models, and processes that you can put to use immediately.
The author team shares their years of research and experience so that you can benefit from their case studies and examples, all of which are aimed at increasing the confidence of anyone working in a management or leadership role. You'll discover how the science of human behaviorboth verbal and nonverbalplays an enormous role when handling conflict situations and you'll learn how to apply a variety of tools, tips, and strategies when leading critical conversations with empathy and assertiveness.
- Explains why avoiding dealing with the tough stuff at work can be so costly for managers, staff, and, ultimately, the business
- Features methods and strategies that have been backed by contemporary theory and tested and trialed with thousands of participants
- Zeroes in on ways to uncover the root cause of difficult behavior
- Shares advice for finding the best way to be assertive in any situation
- Reveals techniques for depersonalizing conflict and avoiding language that causes conflict
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Dealing with the Tough Stuff: How to Achieve Results from Crucial Conversations (US $27.95)
-and- The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership: Nursing (US $10.00)
Total List Price: US $37.95
Discounted Price: US $28.46 (Save: US $9.49)