The Blackwell Companion to the Bible and Culture
June 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
The Blackwell Companion to the Bible and Culture provides readers with a concise, readable and scholarly introduction to twenty-first century approaches to the Bible.
- Consists of 30 articles written by distinguished specialists from around the world
- Draws on interdisciplinary and international examples to explore how the Bible has impacted on all the major social contexts where it has been influential – ancient, medieval and modern, world-wide
- Gives examples of how the Bible has influenced literature, art, music, history, religious studies, politics, ecology and sociology
- Each article is accompanied by a comprehensive bibliography
- Offers guidance on how to read the Bible and its many interpretations