Effective Writing in Psychology: Papers, Posters,and Presentations, 2nd Edition
March 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The second edition of Effective Writing in Psychology helps users produce crisp scientific communication, form concise unambiguous arguments, and render technical information clear and comprehensible. The new edition incorporates the latest guidelines contained within the 6th edition of the APA Publication Manual.
- Clear guidelines on effective writing illustrate how to generate strong and compelling prose, even when the writing is not aimed at a research audience
- Incorporates changes to the guidelines contained in the 6th edition of the APA publication manual
- Includes material on how to adapt APA style for poster presentations using PowerPoint, and for oral presentations
- Contains a new section on using the Internet to present research papers and a new chapter on conducting a literature search, to guide students through databases, keywords, sources, and connections between articles
- Highlights methods for selecting a research topic and organizing papers
- Features a sample manuscript showing common deviations from correct APA style and a version demonstrating appropriate use of APA style