The Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar: What You Can Do to Protect Your Money Now
The United States dollar is losing value at an alarming rate. According to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) index, the U.S. currency is 37 percent below fair value against the Australian dollar and 20 percent versus the Canadian dollar. The decline of the U.S. dollar is one of the biggest threats facing American investors today, but with the Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar: What You Can do to Protect Your Money Now in hand, you have the knowledge and the expertise you need to fight back.
Written by New York Times bestselling author Addison Wiggin, a leading economic forecaster, the book explores the reasons for the dollar's decline, and its precarious relationship to other currencies around the world. Filled with invaluable strategies for retirees, savers, and investors who want to keep their money safe no matter what lies ahead, the book is your one-stop guide to weathering the storm.
- Covers strategies for safeguarding your wealth, including safer havens for money, alternative investments, and other opportunities
- Written by Addison Wiggin, a three-time New York Times bestselling author and leading economic forecaster
- Wiggin's predictions about the decline of the dollar have proven true time and again, making him the right man for the job when it comes to predicting what lies ahead
The U.S. dollar is no longer the secure and stable currency that most Americans grew up believing in. Even after recent gains, the dollar remains weak. But with the Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar you have a concise guide to what's driving its demise and everything you need to protect your money today and in the years to come.
Chapter One Dollar Decline 1
Chapter Two Serial Bubble Blowers 9
Chapter Three Economic Reality Check 31
Chapter Four Debts Do Matter 49
Chapter Five Inflation 101 75
Chapter Six Something’s Gotta Give 91
Chapter Seven A Tale of Two Deficits 121
Chapter Eight Dollar Codependents 133
Chapter Nine The Dollar’s Days Are Numbered 153
Chapter Ten Currency Winners 175
Chapter Eleven Dollar Apocalypse 189
Chapter Twelve Tips on Surviving the Next Crisis 201
Every paper currency in the history of civilization has eventually lost its entire value. It’s a simple matter of supply and demand. Similarly, the United States dollar is losing value at an alarming rate.
With the U.S. dollar no longer the secure and stable currency that most Americans grew up believing in, its decline is one of the biggest threats facing American investors today. To help investors against this threat, leading economic forecaster and New York Times bestselling author Addison Wiggin’s new book The Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar: What You Can do to Protect Your Money Now (Wiley; Hardcover and eBook ; May 2012; $22.95; 978-1-118-24525-5) gives investors the knowledge and the expertise they need to fight back. In it, Wiggin explores the reasons for the dollar's decline and its precarious relationship to other currencies around the world.
“The dollar isn’t what it used to be. It’s not just your Great Depression-era relatives saying it. If we go back just to the 1970s, the dollar was worth a lot more. What happened?” asks Wiggin. “That’s what this Little Book will tell you, with plenty of ways you can save the value of what you earn, and even profit, from the upheaval that dollar decline promises ahead.”
The Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar reveals how the Federal Reserve is failing America and the top 10 reasons why the dollar is losing value, while offering plenty of solutions for how investors can protect their wealth and prosper during the crisis that lies ahead, including:
- How the central bank has put a stealth tax on savings; and how to get that money back
- Seven simple steps to take control of your own economic destiny
- Eight signs to track the endgame of the dollar-denominated era
- Why the gold market says the U.S. dollar’s days are numbered; and the best ways to play it
- Phase III Retirement Investing: How to get back on track if you were hit by the dot.com and housing bubbles
- Currency Winners: which countries are safe places for your cash?
- Time-tested advisors and investors like Rick Rule and Eric Sprott open their own personal playbooks
- “Lifeboat” investments to survive the next crisis
In 2009, the Fed Chairman put the dollar on a downward trend. He promised “exceptionally low” rates would continue as the bank went on a bond-buying, money printing bonanza. The dollar remains weak and Wiggin shares a concise guide to what's driving its demise and everything investors need to protect their money today and in the years to come, including safe havens for money, alternative investments and other opportunities.
Filled with invaluable strategies for retirees, savers, and investors who want to keep their money safe no matter what lies ahead, the book is a one-stop guide to weathering the storm.
The Little Book of the Shrinking Dollar: What You Can Do to Protect Your Money Now (US $22.95)
Total List Price: US $45.90
Discounted Price: US $34.42 (Save: US $11.48)