Learning to Think: Disciplinary Perspectives
March 2002, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
1. Learning to Think: A Cross-Disciplinary Perspective 1
2. Orderly Thinking: Learning in a Structured Discipline 31
3. Hard Thinking: Applying Structured Knowledge to Unstructured Problems 62
4. Inductive Thinking: Knowledge-Intensive Learning 96
5. Multifaceted Thinking: Learning in a Social Science 131
6. Precedent and Reason: Case Versus Logic 167
7. Organizing Instruction and Understanding Learners 196
8. Criticism and Creativity: Thinking in the Humanities 232
9. Learning, Understanding, and Meaning 271
Name Index 319
Subject Index 323