Peer Leadership in Higher Education: New Directions for Higher Education, Number 157
March 2012, Jossey-Bass
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Peers have always been an important influence on students’ college experience. Peer leadership programs are not only pervasive but also offer an effective means to advance students’ adjustment, learning, development, and success. This issue covers peer leadership as an emerging high-impact practice in support of 21st Century Learning Outcomes. In it, you’ll learn:
- The benefits of peer leader programs
- A history of peer education
- How to provide academic support through peer education
- Peer leadership in the cocurriculum
- Integrating technology into peer leader responsibilities
- Peers in doctoral education
- The architecture of a high-impact and sustainable program.
This is the 157th volume of thid Jossey-Bass series. Addressed to higher education decision makers on all kinds of campuses, New Directions for Higher Education provides timely information and authoritative advice about major issues and administrative problems confronting every institution.