Why Nobody Believes the Numbers: Distinguishing Fact from Fiction in Population Health Management
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Why Nobody Believes the Numbers introduces a unique viewpoint to population health outcomes measurement: Results/ROIs should be presented as they are, not as we wish they would be. This viewpoint contrasts sharply with vendor/promoter/consultant claims along two very important dimensions:
(1) Why Nobody Believes presents outcomes/ROIs achievable right here on this very planet…
(2) …calculated using actual data rather than controlled substances.
Indeed, nowhere in healthcare is it possible to find such sharply contrasting worldviews, methodologies, and grips on reality.
Why Nobody Believes the Numbers includes 12 case studies of vendors, carriers, and consultants who were apparently playing hooky the day their teacher covered fifth-grade math, as told by an author whose argument style can be so persuasive that he was once able to convince a resort to sell him a timeshare. The book's lesson: no need to believe what your vendor tells you -- instead you can estimate your own savings using “ingredients you already have in your kitchen.” Don't be intimidated just because you lack a PhD in biostatistics, or even a Masters, Bachelor's, high-school equivalency diploma or up-to-date inspection sticker.
Why Nobody Believes the Numbers explains how to determine if the ROIs are real...and why they usually aren't. You'll learn how to:
- Figure out whether you are "moving the needle" or just crediting a program with changes that would have happened anyway
- Judge whether the ROIs your vendors report are plausible or even arithmetically possible
- Synthesize all these insights into RFPs and contracts that truly hold vendors accountable for results
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Why Nobody Believes the Numbers: Distinguishing Fact from Fiction in Population Health Management (US $60.00)
Total List Price: US $84.95
Discounted Price: US $63.71 (Save: US $21.24)