Contemporary Japan: History, Politics, and Social Change since the 1980s, 2nd Edition
August 2012, ©2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Fully updated to include a detailed assessment of the aftermath of the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami
- Shows how the nuclear crisis at Fukushima was an accident waiting to happen
- Includes detailed discussion of Japan's energy policy, now in flux after the mishandling of the Fukushima crisis
- Analyzes Japan's 'Lost Decades', why jobs and families are less stable, environmental policies, immigration, the aging society, the US alliance, the imperial family, and the 'yakuza' criminal gangs
- Authoritative coverage of Japanese history over the last two decades, one of the country's most tumultuous periods
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Contemporary Japan: History, Politics, and Social Change since the 1980s, 2nd Edition (US $34.95)
-and- The Contemporary Global Economy: A History since 1980 (US $36.95)
Total List Price: US $71.90
Discounted Price: US $53.92 (Save: US $17.98)