Visual Intelligence: Microsoft Tools and Techniques for Visualizing Data
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Go beyond design concepts and learn to build state-of-the-art visualizations
The visualization experts at Microsoft's Pragmatic Works have created a full-color, step-by-step guide to building specific types of visualizations. The book thoroughly covers the Microsoft toolset for data analysis and visualization, including Excel, and explores best practices for choosing a data visualization design, selecting tools from the Microsoft stack, and building a dynamic data visualization from start to finish. You'll examine different types of visualizations, their strengths and weaknesses, and when to use each one.
- Data visualization tools unlock the stories within the data, enabling you to present it in a way that is useful for making business decisions
- This full-color guide introduces data visualization design concepts, then explains the various Microsoft tools used to store and display data
- Features a detailed discussion of various classes of visualizations, their uses, and the appropriate tools for each
- Includes practical implementations of various visualizations and best practices for using them
- Covers out-of-the-box Microsoft tools, custom-developed illustrations and implementations, and code examples
Visual Intelligence: Microsoft Tools and Techniques for Visualizing Data arms you with best practices and the knowledge to choose and build dynamic data visualizations.