Teach Yourself About Shares: A Self-Help Guide to Success on the Sharemarket, Revised Edition
April 2012, Wrightbooks
Teach Yourself About Shares is the most comprehensive share-investing book on the market. This revised edition of Roger Kinsky's bestseller is a user-friendly guide that will have you maximising your profitability on the sharemarket in no time. Inside you'll discover:
- what the different types of shares are, and how to buy and sell them
- the positives of share investing and the traps for the unwary
- how to judge the market and trade the right shares at the right time
- how to set up and manage your share portfolio
- why share prices fluctuate, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage
- how to tailor your trading strategy to your lifestyle and investment capital
- how to minimise your share-investing risks.
Each chapter concludes with practical learning exercises with solutions, enabling you to consolidate your knowledge so you can move on to the next step with confidence. Whether you are just starting out in shares or you're an experienced trader, this book contains everything you need to know to allow you to maximise your profits in the Australian market.
1 Stocks and shares.
2 Investing basics.
3 Investing in shares.
4 Proﬁting from capital gains and dividends.
5 Share prices.
6 Planning your investment in shares.
7 Share issues.
8 Fundamental analysis.
9 Technical analysis.
10 Trading strategies.
11 Buying and selling shares.
12 Using market and sector indices.
13 Protecting your nest egg.
14 Monitoring and improving performance.
15 Wrapping it all up.
Learning exercise solutions.