Nikon D3200 Digital Field Guide
A colorful, portable guide to all the features of Nikon's D3200 dSLR
The Nikon D3200 dSLR camera is packed with fabulous features like a 24-megapixel sensor, full HD video capability with fulltime autofocus, and 4 frames-per-second continuous shooting mode. This full-color guide provides instructions for all the buttons, dials, modes, and menus plus a refresher course in photography basics. It illustrates the essentials of lighting, composition, and exposure with plenty of examples, and author Alan Hess, veteran concert photographer, even includes professional tips on improving portraits, candids, sports and travel photos, and much more.
Sized to fit in a camera bag, the book includes a bonus gray and color checker card to help dSLR newcomers capture perfect white balance and color every time.
- Nikon's exciting D3200 dSLR offers a 24-megapixel sensor, full HD (1080p) video recording with fulltime autofocus and 4 fps high-speed continuous shooting mode, and a host of other features
- This full-color guide, in a portable 6 x 9-inch trim explains all the camera's settings, buttons, menus, and modes with step-by-step directions
- Explains how to choose lenses, adjust white balance, use autofocus, and manage exposure
- Author and professional photographer Alan Hess provides advice on improving your candids, portraits, sports and travel photos, macro photography, and more, with exquisite examples
- Includes a gray and color checker card to help you achieve perfect color
Nikon D3200 Digital Field Guide is your new Nikon's best friend. Take it everywhere you take your camera and have expert advice at your fingertips.
QT: Quick Tour 1
CHAPTER 1: Exploring the Nikon D3200 9
CHAPTER 2: The Nikon D3200 Essentials 31
CHAPTER 3: Setting Up the Nikon D3200 65
CHAPTER 4: Lenses and Accessories 95
CHAPTER 5: All About Lighting 121
CHAPTER 6: Exposure and Composition 143
CHAPTER 7: The Live View Mode and Video Basics 165
CHAPTER 8: Using the Nikon D3200 179
CHAPTER 9: Viewing and Editing In-camera 225
APPENDIX A: Postproduction 247
APPENDIX B: Accessories 263
APPENDIX C: How to Use the Gray Card and Color Checker 273
Alan Hess is a commercial photographer who specializes in concert and live-event photography. He is the house photographer for a large concert venue in Southern California, and is considered an expert on Nikon cameras. Alan's other books include All Access: Your Backstage Pass to Concert Photography, Exposure Digital Field Guide, and Composition Digital Field Guide, all published by Wiley.