Implement, Improve, and Expand Your Statewide Longitudinal Data System: Creating a Culture of Data in Education
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Every U.S. state faces challenges in its efforts to ensure the highest-quality education for students. To address these challenges, a growing number of states are establishing statewide longitudinal data systems (SLDSs), a data-rich system integrating relevant data about a student's education. Implementing Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems for Education presents a detailed and contextualized discussion of SLDSs, which will serve as a recipe for states that want to implement an SLDS, develop design and enactment of new and existing SLDS systems, addressing implementation, operation and optimization.
- Provides a contextualized discussion of the history and purpose of SLDSs
- Describes how to plan for and implement an SLDS, including best practices regarding data governance, standards and privacy
- Discusses proven methods of data management, and details the two most popular methods of database architectures used for SLDSs
- Provides 5 case studies of states successfully using SLDSs
- Offers suggestions for expansion and inclusion of new datasets over time
This essential book addresses the culture of data concept, providing a guide for states to usher in a new era in their education system where data is invaluable and used by everyone, not simply the newest version of the old system. A robust LDS initiative includes linked student records, teacher records, test scores, course selection, finances, certifications, licensure, salary and more. Concluding with a discussion of the potential future uses of SLDS, this book is the ultimate guide to SLDS implementation and understanding.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Implement, Improve, and Expand Your Statewide Longitudinal Data System: Creating a Culture of Data in Education (US $75.00)
Total List Price: US $124.95
Discounted Price: US $93.71 (Save: US $31.24)