Market Your Way to Growth: 8 Ways to Win
With the developed world facing slow economic growth, successfully competing for a limited customer base means using creative and strategic marketing strategies. Market Your Way to Growth presents eight effective ways to grow in even the slowest economy. They include how to increase your market share, develop enthusiastic customers, build your brand, innovate, expand internationally, acquire other businesses, build a great reputation for social responsibility, and more. By engaging any of these pathways to growth, you can achieve growth rates that your competitors will envy.
- Proven business and marketing advice from leading names in the industry
- Written by Philip Kotler, the major exponent of planning through segmentation, targeting, and position followed by "the 4 Ps of marketing" and author of the books Marketing 3.0, Ten Deadly Marketing Sins, and Corporate Social Responsibility, among others
- Milton Kotler is Chairman and CEO of Kotler Marketing Group, headquartered in Washington, DC, author of A Clear-sighted View of Chinese Marketing, and a frequent contributor to the China business press
Introduction: Preparing to Master the Eight
Pathways to Growth xi
1 Grow by Building Your Market Share 1
2 Grow through Developing Committed Customers and Stakeholders 27
3 Grow by Developing a Powerful Brand 49
4 Grow by Innovating New Products, Services, and Experiences 73
5 Grow by International Expansion 117
6 Grow by Mergers, Acquisitions, Alliances, and Joint Ventures 135
7 Grow by B uilding an Outstanding Reputation for Social Responsibility 153
8 Grow by Partnering with Government and NGOs 169
PHILIP KOTLER is one of the world's leading authorities on marketing, and his writing has defined marketing around the world for the past forty years. He is the author of Marketing Management (14th ed.), Marketing 3.0, Ten Deadly Marketing Sins, and Corporate Social Responsibility, among others. He is also the S.C. Johnson & Son Distinguished Professor of International Marketing at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. The Financial Times ranked him the fourth most influential management guru, and the Wall Street Journal ranked him the sixth most influential business thinker.
MILTON KOTLER is Chairman of Kotler Marketing Group USA, headquartered in Washington, DC, and Kotler Marketing Group China, headquartered in Beijing and recognized as the #1 marketing strategy consultancy in China. He is also author of A Clear-Sighted View of Chinese Business Strategy and a frequent contributor to the China business press.
If you think that companies can't grow in a low-growth economy, Market Your Way to Growth will change your mind. Most companies anchor their growth plans in one or two strategies, often adopted before the world became so globalized and technologically-advanced. Companies now need to examine all eight strategies that might promise fresh growth. Is your company innovative? Is your brand as strong as it could be? Are your customers satisfied and loyal? Are you able to wrest share from competitors? Have you moved into China, Brazil, or some higher growth markets? Have you done acquisitions and built new alliances? Have you been winning new customers by showing your deeply felt values? Have you partnered with governments and NGOs on new projects? See what dozens of other companies are doing to achieve higher growth in a low-growth world economy or industry.
With the developed world facing slow economic growth, successfully competing for a limited customer base means using creative and strategic marketing strategies.
In their book, Market Your Way to Growth: 8 Ways to Win (Wiley, December 2012) marketing guru and the major exponent of "the 4 Ps of marketing," Philip Kotler, and global marketing strategist, Milton Kotler present eight effective ways to grow in even the slowest economy.
Market Your Way to Growth shows readers how to survive rough economic waters by explaining the basic pathways that can deliver growth even in a slow growth economy, including:
- Grow by Building Your Market Share: What is the best way to out-perform your competitors and grow your market share?
- Grow by Developing Enthusiastic Customers and Stakeholders: How can your company create fans and develop dedicated supply chain partners?
- Grow by Building a Powerful Brand: What can your company do to design and implement a powerful brand to serve as a living platform for its strategy and actions?
- Grow by Innovating New Products, Services and Experiences: How can your company develop a culture of innovation and think freshly about new offerings and experiences?
- Grow by International Expansion: How can you identity international macro and micro pockets of high growth and enter them successfully?
- Grow by Acquisitions, Merger and Alliances: How can our company grow through identifying attractive partnering opportunities through acquisitions, mergers and alliances?
- Grow by Building an Outstanding Reputation for Social Responsibility: How can we improve our company’s social character to win more respect and support from the public and our stakeholders?
- Partner with Government and NGOs: Successfully bid to provide services and products that governments all over the word need.
“These are the most perilous times since the Great Depression, yet growth is possible,” says Kotler. “By engaging any of these pathways to growth, you can achieve growth rates that your competitors will envy."