Introductory Statistics, Student Solutions Manual, 8th Edition
February 2013, ©2013
The 8th edition of Mann’s Introductory Statistics continues to offer a traditional approach to introductory statistics. Mann delivers information that business professionals need including the most up-to-date methods and applications and latest information in the field. The new edition focuses on explaining how to apply the concepts through case studies and numerous examples. Data integrated throughout the chapters come from a wide range of disciplines and media sources. More 200 examples are included along with marginal notes and step-by-step solutions.
- A large number of the examples, case studies and exercises are new or revised, providing contemporary and varied ways for students to practice statistical concepts.
- Factorials, combinations, and permutations have been moved from Chapter 5 to Section 4.3 of Chapter 4.
- New chapter opening images and questions incorporate real data in familiar situations.
- New data are integrated throughout, reinforcing the vibrancy of statistics and the relevance of statistics to student lives right now.
- The Technology Instruction sections have been updated to support the use of the latest versions of the TI-84/84+, Minitab, and Excel.
- Technology Assignments, Uses and Misuses sections and Decide for Yourself sections at the end of each chapter are either new or have been updated.
- The data sets posted on the book companion Web site and WileyPLUS have also been updated.
- Thorough Examples: The text contains a wealth of examples that cover a wide variety of relevant topics. A large number are based on real data taken from government and private data sources and reports, newspapers, magazines and professional journals. A clear, concise solution (in a step-by-step format) follows each problem presented in an example. Enlightening Pedagogy: Effective markers and aids for students include margin notes for examples, diagrams, highlighted key definitions, and cautions about potential trouble spots that commonly cause errors.
- Case Studies appear in almost all chapters to provide additional illustrations of the applications of statistics in research and statistical analysis.