Nikon D5200 For Dummies
Invaluable photography advice for D5200 beginners
The Nikon D5200 is one of Nikon's most advanced cameras offered in the entry-level line of dSLRs. This book goes beyond the user's manual to deliver a helpful introduction to the basic photo skills needed in order to get great shots from the D5200. Assuming no prior dSLR knowledge, veteran author Julie Adair King offers you a tour of the camera body with this full-color book as she presents you with a hands-on how-to on all the features of the D5200. Packed with pics, this fun and friendly guide offers unique inspiration for capturing your own memorable images.
- Helps you get an accurate feel for the camera, shooting in Auto mode, and managing playback options
- Walks you through adjusting settings to get better results from exposure, lighting, focus, and color
- Includes a full chapter on video mode
- Addresses sending images to a computer for organizing, editing, and sharing
- Demonstrates how to put the pieces together to get better portraits, action shots, and outdoor shots in any sort of light.
- Shares tips on the most common edits needed to improve shots
Featuring an abundance of useful tips, this helpful guide encourages you to take control of your Nikon 5200 to get the photos you want.
Part I: Fast Track to Super Snaps 5
Chapter 1: Getting the Lay of the Land 7
Chapter 2: Choosing Basic Picture Settings 41
Chapter 3: Taking Great Pictures, Automatically 69
Chapter 4: Exploring Live View Photography and Movie Making 85
Part II: Working with Picture Files 121
Chapter 5: Playback Mode: Viewing, Erasing, and Protecting Photos 123
Chapter 6: Downloading, Printing, and Sharing Your Photos 153
Part III: Taking Creative Control 183
Chapter 7: Getting Creative with Exposure and Lighting 185
Chapter 8: Manipulating Focus and Color 237
Chapter 9: Putting It All Together 279
Part IV: The Part of Tens 295
Chapter 10: Ten Fun (And Practical) Ways to Manipulate Your Photos 297
Chapter 11: Ten Special-Purpose Features to Explore on a Rainy Day 329
Julie Adair King has been writing about digital cameras and photography for more than a decade. She is the author of several books on various Nikon and Canon cameras as well as Digital Photography For Dummies. She teaches beginning digital photographers at the Palm Beach Photographic Centre.