- Uses clear descriptions, inspiring examples, and easy-to-follow diagrams
- Demonstrates the latest practices in progressive enhancement, cross-browser compatibility, and when you may be better off using CSS3
If you're looking to create more enriching web experiences and express your creativity through code, then this is the book for you.
Chapter 1: The ABC of Programming 11
Chapter 3: Functions, Methods & Objects 85
Chapter 4: Decisions & Loops 145
Chapter 5: Document Object Model 183
Chapter 6: Events 243
Chapter 7: jQuery 293
Chapter 8: Ajax & JSON 367
Chapter 9: APIs 409
Chapter 10: Error Handling & Debugging 449
Chapter 11: Content Panels 487
Chapter 12: Filtering, Searching & Sorting 527
Chapter 13: Form Enhancement & Validation 567
Do you think you've discovered an error in this book? Please check the list of errata below to see if we've already addressed the error. If not, please submit the error via our Errata Form. We will attempt to verify your error; if you're right, we will post a correction below.
In the section under ?MANUALS?, it says:
?These manuals contain a series of tests to check the key functions of the car are working, along with details of how to fix ??
?These manuals contain a series of tests to check the key functions of the car, along with details of how to fix ??
??means something different to HourNow??
??means something different than HourNow??
In the section under ?STRING DATA TYPE?, it says:
?The strings data type??
?The string data type??
In the section under ?SIMPLE OR PRIMITIVE DATA TYPES?, under ?Number:?, it says:
?? of an object, stores a number??
?? of an object stores a number??
At the bottom of the page in the section under ?EVALUATION OF A CONDITION?, it says:
?You can also multiple conditions??
?You can also have multiple conditions??
|217||Errata in Text
The third column, lower half of the page, in the second bullet point:
- Combines clear descriptions with easy-to-follow diagrams
- Helps readers use and customize the many thousands of scripts, APIs, and jQuery plugins that are freely available on the web
- Shows readers how to approach writing a script from scratch