Chemical Process Technology, 2nd Edition
With a focus on actual industrial processes, e.g. the production of light alkenes, synthesis gas, fine chemicals, polyethene, it encourages the reader to think “out of the box” and invent and develop novel unit operations and processes. Reflecting today’s emphasis on sustainability, this edition contains new coverage of biomass as an alternative to fossil fuels, and process intensification.
The second edition includes:
- New chapters on Process Intensification and Processes for the Conversion of Biomass
- Updated and expanded chapters throughout with 35% new material overall
- Text boxes containing case studies and examples from various different industries, e.g. synthesis loop designs, Sasol I Plant, Kaminsky catalysts, production of Ibuprofen, click chemistry, ammonia synthesis, fluid catalytic cracking
- Questions throughout to stimulate debate and keep students awake!
- Richly illustrated chapters with improved figures and flow diagrams
Chemical Process Technology, Second Edition is a comprehensive introduction, linking the fundamental theory and concepts to the applied nature of the subject. It will be invaluable to students of chemical engineering, biotechnology and industrial chemistry, as well as practising chemical engineers.
From reviews of the first edition:
“The authors have blended process technology, chemistry and thermodynamics in an elegant manner… Overall this is a welcome addition to books on chemical technology.” – The Chemist
“Impressively wide-ranging and comprehensive… an excellent textbook for students, with a combination of fundamental knowledge and technology.” – Chemistry in Britain (now Chemistry World)
The Chemical Industry.
Processes in the Oil Refinery.
Steam Cracking: Production of Lower Alkenes.
Bulk Chemicals and Synthetic Fuels Derived from Synthesis Gas.
Inorganic Bulk Chemicals.
Heterogeneous Catalysis -
Concepts and Examples.
Appendix A: Chemical Industry -
Appendix B: Main Symbols used in Flow Schemes.
- A complete update of chapters in the existing book
- More questions
- 2 new chapters: Processes for the Conversion of Biomass (chapter 7), Process Intensification (chapter 14)
- Offers a comprehensive and balanced introduction, providing an essential link between chemistry and the chemical industry
- Originally developed from a course given at Delft University of Technology
- New coverage of energy and fuels from biomass, and biorefineries, to reflect growth areas in industry
- Includes problems to encourage a fuller understanding of the subject
- Contains richly-illustrated chapters with clearly developed flow diagrams and figures
- “Feature Boxes” appear throughout the text, providing examples and case studies from a variety of different industries
- Website provides PowerPoint slides of figures for lecturers
Powerpoint slides can now be accessed via http://booksupport.wiley.com by entering the author name, book title or isbn and clicking on the desired entry. This will then give a listing of all the content available for download. Please read any text files before downloading material.