A Spiritual Audit of Corporate America: A Hard Look at Spirituality, Religion, and Values in the Workplace
December 2012, Jossey-Bass
Part One: Acknowledging Soul and Spirit.
1. Park It at the Office Door: The Unacknowledged Soul of Corporate America.
2. A Strange but Formidable Alliance: Barriers to Studying and Defining Spirituality.
Part Two: Auditing Soul and Spirit.
3. The Divided Soul of Corporate America.
Part Three: Models for Fostering Spirituality.
4. Taking Over Your Company for Christ: The Religion-Based Organization.
5. Called to Spirituality: The Evolutionary Organization.
6. Shaking Off Addiction: The Recovering Organization.
7. For the Betterment of Society: The Socially Responsible Organization.
8. We Are Family! The Values-Based Organization.
Part Four: A Plan for Spiritual Development.
9. A Best-Practice Model.
Appendix A: A Questionaire on Meaning and Purpose in the Workplace.
Appendix B: Selected Quantitative Results.
Appendix C: Detailed Dimensions of the Five Models.
ELIZABETH A. DENTON is an indepAndent organizational consultant based in New York City. She works with executives and teams in both Fortune 100 and entrepreneurial companies to promote vision and values, leadership, and performance effectiveness.