Orthodontics at a Glance
May 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
Structured over four sections, Orthodontics at a Glance covers:
- Craniofacial growth and development
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- The management of malocclusion
- Treatment techniques
Orthodontics at a Glance is the ideal companion for all students of dentistry, junior clinicians and those working towards orthodontic specialization. In addition the text will provide valuable insight for general dental practitioners wanting to update their orthodontic knowledge, orthodontic nurses, therapists and technicians.
CRANIOFACIAL GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT.
2. An Introduction into Facial Growth and Development.
3. Growth and Development of the Neurocranium.
4. Growth and Development of the Nasomaxillary Complex.
5. Growth and Development of the Mandible.
6. Growth and Development of the Soft Tissues.
7. Development of the Dentition.
DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING.
8. The Aetiology of Malocclusion I: Skeletal and Soft Tissue Factors.
9. The Aetiology of Malocclusion II: Locals Factors and Habits.
10. The Classification of Malocclusion.
11. Principles of Orthodontic Treatment Planning.
12. The Risks and Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment.
14. Extra-oral Examination: Skeletal Pattern.
15. Extra-Oral Examination: Soft Tissues.
16. Intra-Oral Examination.
17. Smile Analysis.
18. Space Analysis.
19. Orthodontic Records.
20. Cephalometric Analysis.
THE MANAGEMENT OF MALOCCLUSION.
21. Class 1 Malocclusion.
22. Class 2, Division 1 Malocclusion.
23. Class 2, Division 2 Malocclusion.
24. Class 3 Malocclusion.
26. Open Bite Malocclusion.
27. Deep Bite Malocclusion.
28. Interceptive Orthodontics.
29. Poor Prognosis First Permanent Molars.
31. Impacted Teeth.
32. Impacted Maxillary Canines.
35. The Biology of Tooth Movement.
36. Biomechanics of Tooth Movement.
37. Anchorage Management.
38. Removable Appliances.
39. Functional Appliances.
40. Fixed Appliances.
41. Stability and Retention.
42. Adult Orthodontics.
43. Orthognathic Surgery.
44. Cleft Lip and Palate