A Companion to Steven Spielberg
February 2017, Wiley-Blackwell
A Companion to Steven Spielberg provides an authoritative collection of essays exploring the achievements and legacy of one of the most influential film directors of the modern era.
- Offers comprehensive coverage of Spielberg’s directorial output, from early works including Duel, The Sugarland Express, and Jaws, to recent films
- Explores Spielberg’s contribution to the development of visual effects and computer games, as well as the critical and popular reception of his films
- Topics include in-depth analyses of Spielberg’s themes, style, and filming techniques; commercial and cultural significance of the Spielberg ‘brand’ and his parallel career as a producer; and collaborative projects with artists and composers
- Brings together an international team of renowned scholars and emergent voices, balancing multiple perspectives and critical approaches
- Creates a timely and illuminating resource which acknowledges the ambiguity and complexity of Spielberg’s work, and reflects its increasing importance to film scholarship