Cabling Part 1: LAN Networks and Cabling Systems, 5th Edition
With the growing demand for fiber optics in large-scale communications networks, network professionals need complete, up-to-the-minute information. This book constitutes Part 1 of Cabling: The Complete Guide to Copper and Fiber-Optic Networking and focuses on LAN Networks and Cabling Systems, offering comprehensive coverage on current cabling methodologies and is updated to the latest industry standards. Contents include:
1. Introduction to Data Cabling.
2. Cabling Specifications and Standards.
3. Choosing the Correct Cabling.
4. Cable System and Infrastructure Constraints.
5. Cabling System Components.
6. Tools of the Trade.
7. Copper Cable Media.
8. Fiber-Optic Media.
9. Wall Plates.
11. Transmission Equipment.
12. Ubounded (Wireless) Media.
13. Cabling-System Design and Installation.
14. Cable-Connector Installation.
15. Cable-System Testing and Troubleshooting.
16. Creating a Request for Proposal.
17. Cabling @ Work: Experience from the Field.
Andrew Oliviero is Director of Product Line Management of optical fiber products at OFS, a supplier of optical fiber, cable apparatus and specialty products. He is involved in the development of optical fiber cabling standards in TIA, IEC, ISO, and IEEE. He was involved in the development of the ANSI/TIA-568-C standard and held the Chair position of TIA’s Fiber Optic LAN Section in 2007. Oliviero holds a B.S.E and Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Massachusetts.