Pathology of Liver Diseases
April 2017, Wiley-Blackwell
The book is also accompanied by a companion website: www.wiley.com/go/kanel/liverpathology
It contains the following online material:
- A complete Reference List.
- A Library that contains over 860 images of the various liver diseases, which adds to over 540 images that are in the book itself
- Additional Tables that address in detail the grading and staging of various liver diseases such as viral
hepatitis and fatty liver diseases.
- 140 Case Examples, which include over 420 images that demonstrate the various ways many of these disease entities clinically present.
- A PowerPoint presentation entitled "Liver Transplantation – Surgical Procedure", which includes photographs from the operating table of the step-by-step process in liver transplantation.
Pathology of Liver Diseases provides gastroenterologists and pathologists with a multi-media, well-illustrated, and concise guide to the pathology and clinical diagnoses of liver disorders.
About the companion website viii
Chapter 1 Normal Liver 1
Chapter 2 Viral Hepatitis 24
Chapter 3 Fatty Liver Diseases 50
Chapter 4 Diseases of the Biliary Tract 72
Chapter 5 Non-Viral Infectious Diseases 95
Chapter 6 Granulomatous Hepatitis 123
Chapter 7 Autoimmune Hepatitis 131
Chapter 8 Vascular Disorders 143
Chapter 9 Genetic and Metabolic Hepatic Diseases 162
Chapter 10 Developmental Hepatobiliary Disorders and Cystic Diseases 198
Chapter 11 Drug- and Toxin-Induced Liver Diseases 215
Chapter 12 Liver Transplantation 231
Chapter 13 Hepatic Tumors, Benign 266
Chapter 14 Hepatic Tumors, Malignant 289
Chapter 15 Miscellaneous Hepatic Disorders 337
Gary C. Kanel, M.D., Clinical Professor of Pathology, Keck Medical Center of USC, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA