Engineering Mechanics: Statics, 8th Edition SI Version
July 2016, ©2016
Known for its accuracy, clarity, and dependability, Meriam, Kraige, and Bolton's Engineering Mechanics: Statics, 8th Edition has provided a solid foundation of mechanics principles for more than 60 years. This text continues to help students develop their problem-solving skills with an extensive variety of engaging problems related to engineering design. In addition to new homework problems, the text includes a number of helpful sample problems. To help students build necessary visualization and problem-solving skills, the text strongly emphasizes drawing free-body diagrams, one of the most important skills needed to solve mechanics problems.
- Text has been thoroughly revised to maximize rigor, clarity, readability and approachability
- Key Concepts throughout the book are especially marked and highlighted
- Chapter Reviews at the end of each chapter are highlighted and provide itemized summaries of all key material
- Approximately 50 percent of the homework problems are new to this eighth edition. All new problems have been independently solved in order to ensure a high degree of accuracy.
- Sample Problems have been integrated throughout, including problems with computer-oriented solutions.
- Answers to all problems listed in a special section at the very end of the book.
- New photographs reinforce students understanding of how the concepts relate to the real world