Restaurant Marketing for Owners and Managers
December 2014, ©2015
1. Introduction: What Am I Getting Myself Into?
2. Location: Where Am I Going to Put This Place?
3. Environmental Analysis: What Am I Up Against?
4. Identifying Markets: Who Are My Customers and What Do They Want?
5. Menu Development: What Should My Sales Kit Look Like?
6. Pricing: What Should I Charge for This Stuff?
7. Service: How Do I Get My Staff to Give the Right Amount of Attention?
8. Other Income Streams: How Much Extra Stuff Can I Sell?
9. Communications: How Do I Get on the Guest’s Radar Screen?
10. Technology: How Do I Surf My Way to Success?
11. Marketing Plan and Budget: How Do I Figure Out What to Do and How Much It Will Cost?
JOHN T. BOWEN is the Dean of the Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management at the University of Houston where he also holds the Barron Hilton Distinguished Chair.
JOHN M. STEFANELLI, PhD, is a professor and Chair of the Food and Beverage Department of the William F. Harrah College of Hotel Administration at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.