Modern Methods For Quality Control and Improvement, 2nd Edition
December 2014, ©2015
This is a revision of a classic! This text provides a single source for information on both the structure and management of quality systems and the use of statistics to control and improve quality. It incorporates an international flavor and a good balance of services and manufacturing coverage. The goal of the second edition remains the same as the first edition - to promote learning by means of practical, effective applications intended to develop, control, and improve quality systems and processes.
- History and Evolution of Quality Control and Assurance
- Quality and Quality Systems
- The ISO 9000 Quality System
- Total Quality Management
- Review of Fundamental Statistical Concepts
- Introduction to Control Charts
- Control Charts for Attributes
- Control Charts for Variables
- Special Control Charts
- Specification Limits, Tolerances, and Related Techniques
- Process Control and Improvement Techniques
- Industrial Experimentation
- Robust Design
- Acceptance Sampling for Attributes
- Attribute Sampling Tables
- Acceptance Sampling by Variables
- Special Attribute Sampling Procedures
- New Chapter on ISO 9000, covering the history and application of the ISO 9000 family of standards. (Chapter 3)
- New Chapter on the concept of Total Quality Management. The Six Sigma Approach is introduced. (Chapter 4)
- More comprehensive coverage of Quality, Quality Systems, Quality Assurance, and Quality Management. (Chapter 2)
- New Chapter on Robust Design. (Chapter 13)
- Revised material on Process Capability. (Chapter 10)
- Increased coverage of Design Reliability, including Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA). Also included is a summary of the body of knowledge for Reliability Engineering. (Chapter 14)
- Latest Developments-Up-to-date coverage on Acceptance Sampling Systems for Attributes, inlcuding the ISO 2859 Family of Standards. (Chapter 16)
- New coverage of Skip-Lot Sampling. (Chapter 18)
- Authoritative authors.
- Integrates management and statistics to teach how to manage, control, and improve quality.
- Wide selection of topics makes book appropriate for management and engineering courses.
- Extensive examples from practice.