Dicho y hecho: Beginning Spanish, Binder Ready Version, 10th Edition Brief
March 2015, ©2015
Capítulo 1: Nuevos encuentros
Capítulo 2: La vida universitaria
Capítulo 3: Así es mi familia
Capítulo 4: ¡A la mesa!
Capítulo 5: Nuestro tiempo libre
Capítulo 6: La vida diaria
Capítulo 7: Por la ciudad
Capítulo 8: De compras
Capítulo 9: La salud
Capítulo 10: Así es mi casa
Capítulo 11: Amigos y algo más
Capítulo 12: Vive la naturaleza
(Chapter 12 in the Brief version covers more countries to compensate the culture found in Chapters 13-15 in the alternate version. The rest of the chapters are the same)
- WileyPLUS Learning Space with ORION Adaptive Learning provides a research-based online environment for effective teaching and learning. Students complete automatically graded homework, get feedback on their answers, and access learning materials like the e-text, videos, self-tests, collaborative tools, and more. Instructors have the flexibility to tailor the course to their own teaching style and have access to actionable reports that give deep insights into student performance. ORION adapts to individual students’ needs with diagnostic and adaptive questions, and provides a personal learning path drawing on the text and a variety of online resources. The Chapter 0 Fundamental Grammar Concepts module uses English to provide a foundation in the basic grammar concepts students need but are so often lacking when they begin college foreign language study.
- Improved presentation of new materials that optimizes learners’ ability to integrate new language while engaging and motivating them.
- Updated culture throughout including more experiential, investigative, and cross-cultural tasks in Cultura, Notas culturales, the new En mi experiencia boxes, and integrated in activities.
- Flexible and easy-to-adapt. Dicho y hecho, Edition 10 Brief offers great flexibility to fit the increasing variety of course formats, contact-hours, and determinations of scope for beginning level courses and personal teaching styles. Dicho y hecho, Edition 10 Brief contains the complete first 12 chapters of Dicho y hecho Edition 10.
- Diverse and Engaging Activities. Dicho y hecho combines a broad array of class-tested and innovative activities that involve all language skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) and move consistently from input processing to guided and structured output for practice, to output for original and meaningful expression.
- ACTFL Standards. Dicho y hecho is entirely mindful of the five Cs and develops students’ proficiency in level-appropriate tasks and activities in all three communicative modes.
- Grammar as a Means for Communication. Grammar is presented with precise, simple explanations, clear charts, and abundant example sentences that draw immediate connections between forms and their communicative use. Grammar topics are introduced with brief exchanges that put new structures in the context of real-life communication.
- Integrated and Interdisciplinary Cultural Information. Through an appealing combination of readings, maps, photos, and realia in the Cultura section, and Notas culturales that appear frequently throughout each chapter, Dicho y hecho introduces students to the geography, politics, arts, history, and both traditional and contemporary cultural aspects of the countries and peoples that make up the Spanish speaking world.