Cooperative Veterinary Care
March 2018, Wiley-Blackwell
Cooperative Veterinary Care puts the focus on preventing and reversing fear and stress in the veterinary setting through preparation, planning, and most importantly training.
- Offers evidence-based cooperative techniques to prevent fear and calm reactive patients, with concrete guidance for preventing, identifying, and reversing fear and stress in the veterinary setting
- Provides a unique system for identifying patients and selecting the right technique for each pet
- Supplies information on safe patient exams and interactions without the need for restraint
- Covers strategies to successfully implement these new techniques every day and boost client compliance
- Presents step-by-step detailed training protocols, including photographs and over 100 videos showing how to train patients quickly and effectively
Alicea Howell, BS, RVT, VTS, KPA CTP, is a veterinary technician specialist in behavior at Hillview Veterinary Clinic in Franklin, Indiana, USA.
Monique Feyrecilde, BA, LVT, VTS, is a veterinary technician specialist in behavior. She is a full-time veterinary technician at Mercer Island Veterinary Clinic in Mercer Island, Washington, USA and owns a consulting business called Teaching Animals.