Fundamentals of Thermodynamics, Enhanced eText, 9th Edition
March 2017, ©2016
With Wiley’s Enhanced E-Text, you get all the benefits of a downloadable, reflowable eBook with added resources to make your study time more effective, including:
• In-Text-Concept Check Questions
• Embedded & Searchable Formulas
• Study Guide Problems
Newly updated for its 9th Edition, Fundamentals of Thermodynamics continues to offer a comprehensive and rigorous treatment of classical thermodynamics, while retaining an engineering perspective. With concise, applications-oriented discussion of topics and self-test problems, this text encourages students to monitor their own learning. The ninth edition is revised with additional examples and end-of-chapter problems to increase student comprehension. This classic text provides a solid foundation for subsequent studies in fields such as fluid mechanics, heat transfer and statistical thermodynamics, and prepares students to effectively apply thermodynamics in the practice of engineering.
- Re-organized to streamline the introductory material and to further emphasize key concepts and topics
- Revised end-of-chapter problems
- Up-to-date examples and applications have been integrated throughout the text
- Updated online resources
- In-text concept questions follow major sections and help reinforce the understanding of key concepts throughout the text
- An Engineering Applications section at the end of each chapter describes how the concepts are used in the real-world practice of engineering
- End-of-Chapter summaries revisit key concepts, key words and formulas, as well as a review of the skills that the student should have mastered in the chapter
- Hundreds of end-of-chapter homework problems are included, with a wide variety of complexity. Study guide questions reinforce key concepts. Later problems in many sections relate to real industrial processes and devices and are labeled under applications or energy conservation.