Health Care Information Systems: A Practical Approach for Health Care Management, 4th Edition
February 2017, Jossey-Bass
BESTSELLING GUIDE, UPDATED WITH A NEW INFORMATION FOR TODAY'S HEALTH CARE ENVIRONMENT
Health Care Information Systems is the newest version of the acclaimed text that offers the fundamental knowledge and tools needed to manage information and information resources effectively within a wide variety of health care organizations.
It reviews the major environmental forces that shape the national health information landscape and offers guidance on the implementation, evaluation, and management of health care information systems. It also reviews relevant laws, regulations, and standards and explores the most pressing issues pertinent to senior level managers. It covers:
- Proven strategies for successfully acquiring and implementing health information systems.
- Efficient methods for assessing the value of a system.
- Changes in payment reform initiatives.
- New information on the role of information systems in managing in population health.
- A wealth of updated case studies of organizations experiencing management-related system challenges.
KAREN A. WAGER is professor and associate dean for student affairs in the College of Health Professions at the Medical University of South Carolina. She teaches management and health information systems courses to graduate students. Wager is the past president of the South Carolina Health Information Management Association.
FRANCES WICKHAM LEE is professor and director of instructional operations for Healthcare Simulation South Carolina at the Medical University of South Carolina.
JOHN P. GLASER currently serves as the senior vice president of Population Health for Cerner. He joined Cerner as part of the Siemens Health Services acquisition, where he was CEO.