2017 Valuation Handbook - U.S. Industry Cost of Capital
The most recent cost of capital data for approximately 180 U.S. industries, identified by Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code
The 2017 Valuation Handbook – U.S. Industry Cost of Capital provides valuation professionals with the same type of rigorous industry-level analysis previously published in the green-cover Morningstar/Ibbotson Cost of Capital Yearbook (now discontinued).
The 2017 Valuation Handbook – U.S. Industry Cost of Capital provides up to eight cost of equity capital and weighted average cost of capital (WACC) estimates for each of the U.S. industries covered in the book, plus capital structure, valuation (trading) multiples, sales, market capitalization, several levered and unlevered beta estimates (e.g., ordinary-least squares (OLS) beta, sum beta, downside beta, etc.), financial and profitability ratios, equity returns, aggregate forward-looking earnings-per-share (EPS) growth rates, and more.
The 2017 Valuation Handbook – U.S. Industry Cost of Capital includes data through March 31, 2017, and is intended to be used for 2017 valuation dates.
For more information about Duff & Phelps valuation data resources published by Wiley, please visit www.wiley.com/go/valuationhandbooks.
- 2017 Valuation Handbook – U.S. Guide to Cost of Capital
- 2017 Valuation Handbook – International Guide to Cost of Capital
- 2017 Valuation Handbook - International Industry Cost of Capital
- Access cost of capital estimates and betas for approximately 180 U.S. industries
- Reference industry-level valuation multiples, growth rates, sales, capital structure, profitability ratios, plus statistics that enable the user to gauge the impact of "debt-like" off-balance-sheet items on the capital structure of the subject industry
- Use the information in this book to (i) benchmark, (ii) augment, and (iii) provide additional support for your own custom analyses of the industry in which a subject business, business ownership interest, security, or intangible asset resides
Calculations of Industry Financial Statistics 24
Industry Data Exhibits
Roger J. Grabowski is a managing director with Duff & Phelps. He is coauthor of Cost of Capital Applications and Examples, Fifth Edition, The Lawyer's Guide to Cost of Capital, and Cost of Capital in Litigation.
James P. Harrington is a director at Duff & Phelps. He is a leading contributor to Duff & Phelps' efforts in the development of studies, surveys, online content and tools, firm-wide valuation models, data distribution platforms, and published thought leadership. He is a coauthor of the Duff & Phelps "Valuation Handbook" series, a contributing author to Cost of Capital Applications and Examples, Fifth Edition, and a Duff & Phelps contributor to the Stocks, Bonds, Bills, and Inflation (SBBI) Yearbook.
Carla S. Nunes is a managing director in the Office of Professional Practice at Duff & Phelps, where she provides firm-wide technical guidance on a variety of valuation, financial reporting, and tax issues, with a particular focus on cost of capital. She is a coauthor of the Duff & Phelps "Valuation Handbook" series and a contributing author to Cost of Capital Applications and Examples, Fifth Edition.