Can I Have Your Attention?: Inspiring Better Work Habits, Focusing Your Team, and Getting Stuff Done in the Constantly Connected Workplace
"A must read for anyone in the business of leading others."
Ken May, CEO of Top Golf; former CEO of Fedex
"If you want your team to stay focused, you will want to read Can I Have Your Attention?"
Chester Elton, New York Times Best-Selling author of All In, The Carrot Principle and What Motivates Me
Inspire better work habits. Focus your team. Get stuff done in the constantly connected workplace.
As our workloads expand, attention has never been more valuable. Or more difficult to keep.
In Can I Have your Attention?, Curt Steinhorst shows business leaders how to cut through the noise and get their employees back to work. Curt has spent years helping Fortune 500 companies overcome distraction and achieve focus. With technology creating endless opportunites to "improve productivity", people spend so much time responding to the interruptions that they've lost the ability to focus and do their jobs. Yet, the potential for harnessing the power of your team's attention has never been greater--if you can capture it.
You'll learn how to:
- Implement a comprehensive organizational strategy to increase focus and overcome digital distraction.
- Take back control of the technology in your organization and life.
- Establish a Communication Compact, defining how, when, and why your team will communicate with each other.
- Create a "vault" to increase productivity, decrease stress, and boost your creativity.
- Free yourself and your employees from the never-ending flood of emails and messages.
- Achieve unmatched focus in the age of distraction.
The smartphone isn't going away. Learn the simple rules and guidelines that will improve focus and create the mental space needed for your people to work to their full potential.
CURT STEINHORST is a speaker, business owner, entrepreneur, and founder of FocusWise. He equips professionals across the world to work smarter and stronger in this constantly-connected age. Steinhorst is a leading voice on strategic communications in the age of distraction and a certified speaker at the Center for Generational Kinetics. He is also the founder of a communications consultancy called Promentum Group.
JONATHAN MCKEE is an expert on youth culture and Millennials, and the author of over twenty books.