Engineering Mechanics-Dynamics, Enhanced eText, 9th Edition
February 2018, ©2018
Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics provides a solid foundation of mechanics principles and helps students develop their problem-solving skills with an extensive variety of engaging problems related to engineering design. More than 50% of the homework problems are new, and there are also a number of new sample problems. To help students build necessary visualization and problem-solving skills, this product strongly emphasizes drawing free–body diagrams, the most important skill needed to solve mechanics problems.
1. Introduction to Dynamics Chapter
2. Kinematics of Particles Chapter
3. Kinetics of Particles Chapter
4. Kinetics of Systems and Particles
5. Plane Kinematics of Rigid Bodies Chapter
6. Plane Kinetics of Rigid Bodies Chapter
7. Introduction to Three-Dimensional Dynamics of Rigid Bodies Chapter
8. Vibration and Time Response
- Orion Foundations Module: (for pre-requisite topics only).
- New Video Solutions: Approximately 170 new video solutions walk students through a detailed step-by-step problem-solving process.
- Algorithmic Automatically Graded Problems: All of the end of section problems in the course are available.
- Student Practice Modules: Student practice modules allow students to practice on their own with:
- Approximately 100 Check Your Understanding questions.
- Approximately 100 automatically-graded problems and the ability to check their work with official step-by-step solutions (text or video format).
- QuickStart Assignments: QuickStart Assignments for each course section make course set-up a snap.
- High Quality Problems: The course employs a wide variety of high quality problems that are known for their accuracy, realism, applications, and variety. Students benefit from realistic applications that motivate their desire to learn and develop their problem solving skills.
- Sample Problems: Sample problems with worked solutions appear throughout the course, providing examples and reinforcing important concepts and ideas in engineering mechanics.
- Free Body Diagrams: The course offers comprehensive coverage of how to draw free body diagrams. Through content discussion and assignable homework problems, students learn that drawing free body diagrams is one of the most important skills needed to learn how to solve mechanics problems. Statics teaches students the appropriate techniques and then applies them consistently in solutions of mechanics problems.
- Additional Support Features: Rich pedagogical features support ease of use. Key Concepts are highlighted within the theory presentations and course section reviews include itemized summaries of the material covered.