Organizational Behavior, Enhanced etext, 5th Edition
November 2017, ©2018
People, processes, and technology. These are the three major drivers of business achievement. The best leaders inherently understand that great companies start with great people. This is as true now as it was during the beginning of the industrial revolution, and understanding and staying current on the latest organizational behavior research and best practices paves the way for managerial success.
In this updated edition of Organizational Behavior, theory, new research and real-world case studies are combined in an engaging manner to blend together the critical concepts and skills needed to successfully manage others and build a strong organization across all levels of a company. Featuring an in-depth view of the process and practice of managing individuals, teams, and entire organizations, the text provides a solid foundation for students and future managers.
New to this Edition:
- A new section on institutions highlights their effects on managerial actions and organizational behavior
- New content on strategic leadership includes sections on transactional leadership, and the role of gender in leadership
- All chapter-opening cases and case examples have been revised to reflect new content and current organizational behavior research
- Presents up-to-date concepts of organizational behavior in a lively and easy-to-read manner
- Includes both classic and cutting-edge research on each of the chapter-specific topics
- Explores how managing people is critical in implementing strategy, gaining a competitive advantage, and ensuring positive organizational performance
- Features a variety of updates and current examples that provide “real-world” experiences for students