Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers, Enhanced eText, 7th Edition
January 2018, ©2018
Applied Statistics and Probability for Engineers, 7th Edition provides a practical approach designed for engineering and science majors. Students learn how the material will be relevant in their careers through the integration of unique problem sets that reflect realistic applications and situations from research as well as the authors consulting experiences. Applied Statistics, 7e is suitable for either a one- or two-term course in probability and statistics. The 7th edition of this text focuses on real engineering applications and real engineering solutions while including material on the bootstrap, increased emphasis on the use of P-value, coverage of equivalence testing, combining p-values. The exposition, examples, exercises and answers in the text and WileyPLUS have been meticulously checked for accuracy. The 7th edition focuses on online course delivery to provide multiple channels of student engagement and self-study.
1. The Role of Statistics in Engineering
3. Discrete Random Variables and Probability Distributions
4. Continuous Random Variables and Probability Distributions
5. Joint Probability Distributions
6. Descriptive Statistics
7. Sampling Distributions and Point Estimation of Parameters
8. Statistical Intervals for a Single Sample
9. Tests of Hypotheses for a Single Sample
10. Statistical Inference for Two Samples
11. Simple Linear Regression and Correlation
12. Multiple Linear Regression
13. Design and Analysis of Single-Factor Experiments: The Analysis of Variance
14. Design of Experiments with Several Factors
15. Statistical Quality Control
- Several hundred problems reserved for Instructor Edition and assignable in WileyPLUS, but do not appear in student versions of the text in print or digitally, preserving their integrity.
- Greater selection of assignable exercises
- Meticulous accuracy checking in exposition, examples, exercises and answers
- Solutions to roughly 10% of the problems are now accessible to student in WileyPLUS and the Enhance E-Text, for self-study and review purposes.
- New and expanded interactive features available in both WileyPLUS and the Interactive eText
- Over 100 video-based examples and problem walk-throughs.
- Check Your Understanding exercises are placed at the appropriate places in the eTextbook inside the WileyPLUS course. These simple practice exercises give students just-in-time reading comprehension self-assessment, perfect for assigning as a pre-lecture exercise.