LTE Self-Organising Networks (SON): Network Management Automation for Operational Efficiency
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Based on the defined next generation mobile networks (NGMN) and 3GPP SON use cases, the book elaborates to give the full picture of a SON-enabled system including its enabling technologies, architecture and operation. ”Heterogeneous networks” including different cell hierarchy levels and multiple radio access technologies as a new driver for SON are also discussed.
- Introduces the functional areas of LTE SON (self-optimisation, -configuration and –healing) and its standardisation, also giving NGMN and 3GPP use cases
- Explains the drivers, requirements, challenges, enabling technologies and architectures for a SON-enabled system
- Covers multi-technology (2G/3G) aspects as well as core network and end-to-end operational aspects
- Written by experts who have been contributing to the development and standardisation of the LTE self-organising networks concept since its inception
- Examines the impact of new network architectures (“Heterogeneous Networks”) to network operation, for example multiple cell layers and radio access technologies