The Royal Wedding For Dummies
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The Royal wedding is one of the most talked about events of 2011. The Royal Wedding For Dummies is the perfect guide to provide readers with a fresh, fun look at this historical event. An event program (with fact sheets on the participants, the locations, and the history) and how-to guide (with coverage on planning a street party, preparing uniquely British fare for parties, and getting around London on the big day), The Royal Wedding For Dummies delivers unique content in classic Dummies style.
The fun, slightly irreverent guide to enjoying, understanding, and joining the festivities includes;
- A brief biography of the happy couple
- Royal wedding fact sheets featuring in-depth explanations of the customs, rules of etiquette, and history on display during the events.
- An inside look at Westminster Abbey - the building, the history, and the weddings.
- A lively account of royal weddings of the past - with a score card ranking the ultimate results - including a look at other royal/commoner romances
- Where did they go?’ Royal honeymoons of the past
- A ‘Know Your Heads of State and Hangers-On’ section perfect for figuring out who's at the events.
If you’re planning your own celebrations there’s a chapter on holding a party that includes a recipe section with great takes on traditional British fare and royal trivia - sure to tax the talents of young and old alike!
There’s also an ‘If you're going’ guide featuring the best places to get a glimpse of the revelry in person, best places to grab a pint or glass of wine and soak up the atmosphere, and tips on getting around London easily and safely on the day.