Greek Political Thought
January 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
This wide-ranging history of ancient Greek political thought shows what ancient political texts might mean to citizens of the twenty-first century.
- A provocative and wide-ranging history of ancient Greek political thought
- Demonstrates what ancient Greek works of political philosophy might mean to citizens of the twenty-first century
- Examines an array of poetic, historical, and philosophical texts in an effort to locate Greek political thought in its cultural context
- Pays careful attention to the distinctively ancient connections between politics and ethics
- Structured around key themes such as the origins of political thought, political self-definition, revolutions in political thought, democracy and imperialism