Lady Godiva: A Literary History of the Legend
December 2002, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This book investigates who Lady Godiva was, how the story of her naked horseback ride through Coventry arose, and how the whole Godiva legend has evolved from the thirteenth century through to the present day.
- Traces the erotic myth of Lady Godiva back to its medieval origins.
- Based on scholarly research but written to be accessible to general readers.
- Combines history, literature, art and folklore.
- Focuses on the twin themes of voyeurism and medievalism.
- Contributes to our understanding of cultural history, medievalism and the history of sexuality.