Utopia and Organization
August 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Using examples as diverse as train accidents, novels and gardening, this book evaluates the prospects for utopian thought and practice in the context of a world organized by market managerialism.
- Asks if ideas about utopia are redundant.
- Evaluates the prospects for utopian thought and practice in a world organized by market managerialism.
- Treats utopia as an organizational issue, rather than focusing on literary or historical interpretations.
- Engages with ideas of utopia, dystopia and crypto-utopia, organization and management.
- Uses diverse examples, such as train accidents, novels and gardening to explore issues in novel and thought-provoking ways.