Reading the Novel in English 1950 - 2000
November 2007, ©2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- An engaging introduction to the English-language novel writing in the second half of the twentieth century.
- Focuses on British and Irish novelists, and on Anglophone novelists from other countries (exclusive of the US).
- Provides students both with strategies for interpretation and with fresh readings of selected seminal texts.
- Maps out the most important contexts and concepts for understanding this fiction.
- Features readings of ten influential English-language novels including Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale, Kazuo Ishiguro’s The Remains of the Day and Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart.
- Written in clear, jargon-free prose.