Sixteenth-Century Poetry: An Annotated Anthology
January 2005, ©2004, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- A fully-annotated anthology of sixteenth-century English verse.
- Features generous selections from the canonical poets, alongside judicious selections from lesser-known authors.
- Includes complete works or substantial extracts of longer poems wherever possible, including Book III of the ‘Faerie Queene’ and the whole of ‘Astrophil and Stella’.
- Covers a range of genres, including the love lyric, mythological narrative, sacred poetry and political poetry.
- Encourages readers to discover unusual and interesting connections and contrasts between poems and poets.
- Detailed annotations facilitate close reading of the poems.