January 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Chronicles the way mass culture is produced, packaged and circulated in a technology-enabled and globalized world
- Draws together, in one accessible volume, seminal essays written across traditional and new media, industry sectors, and national contexts
- Explores the subjects that have come to define the creative industries – including learning services, knowledge clusters, dot.coms, creative cities, networked incubators, the new media, and the shift from the “culture industries” to the “industries of culture”
- Features 31 essays by leading international scholars – covering the creative industries of several fields, including book publishing, TV production, urban development, and games
- Includes substantial editorial introductions by the editor, making this a useful, engaging, and thought-provoking collection of the very best scholarship on modern creative culture.