January 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
In this major intervention into the 'Asian Century', Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak challenges the reader to re-think Asia, in its political and cultural complexity, in the global South and in the metropole.
- Major work from one of the world’s most distinguished literary and cultural theorists
- Intervenes in the fraught issues generated by ideas of Asia
- Featured essays include “Foucault and Najibullah,” “Moving Devi,” “Responsibility,” and “Megacity”
- Other chapters focus on, among other things, Human Rights, and the turbulent "present" of the Caucasus
- Essential reading for anyone interested in postcolonialism, and devotees of Spivak’s writing