Contemporary Debates in Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art
September 2005, ©2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Contemporary Debates in Aesthetics and the Philosophy of Art features pairs of newly commissioned essays by some of the leading theorists working in the field today.
- Brings together fresh debates on eleven of the most controversial issues in aesthetics and the philosophy of art
- Topics addressed include the nature of beauty, aesthetic experience, artistic value, and the nature of our emotional responses to art.
- Each question is treated by a pair of opposing essays written by eminent scholars, and especially commissioned for the volume.
- Lively debate format sharply defines the issues, and paves the way for further discussion.
- Will serve as an accessible introduction to the major topics in aesthetics, while also capturing the imagination of professional philosophers