Handbook of Reoperative General Surgery
July 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
Organized primarily by body system, the Handbook of Reoperative General Surgery covers the spectrum of conditions faced by general surgeons today, including:
- Diagnoses and operative strategy critical for breast cancer
- Coverage of reoperative of the liver, biliary tract, and pancreas
- Approaches to dealing with reoperations on all areas of gastrointestinal tract
- Strategies for care of the patient with recurrent hernias and pain
- An overview of reoperative bariatric surgery
Combining the expertise and advice of over thirty practicing surgeons from some of the finest medical centers in the United States, the Handbook of Reoperative General Surgery offers a practical, instructive manual for residents, attending, and surgery practitioners.
The Handbook of Reoperative General Surgery includes the essential information for dealing with the unusual complications of reoperation, and provides a basis for innovation and insight usually required to achieve the best operative and perioperative care.
Josef Fischer, MD, FACS.
Mark P. Callery, MD, FACS.
1. Reoperative Hepatobiliary Surgery.
Christopher D. Anderson, MD; Charles R. Scoggins, MD; Ravi S. Chari, MD.
2. Reoperative Surgery in Trauma.
Ram Nirula, MD .
3. Reoperative Gastric Surgery.
Scott F. Gallagher, MD; Sharona B. Ross, MD; Michel M. Murr, MD, FACS.
4. Reoperative Surgery for Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Tonia M. Young-Fadok, MD, MS, FACS, FASCRS.
5. Reoperative Bariatric SurgeryVivian M. Sanchez, MD; Eric J. DeMaria, MD, FACS; David A. Provost, MD, FACS; George Blackburn, MD, PhD, FACS; Daniel B. Jones, MD, FACS.
6. Reoperative Inguinal Hernia Surgery.
Kathrin L. Mayer, MD.
7. Reoperative Surgery for Melanoma.
Nicholas E. Tawa, Jr., MD, PhD.
8. Reoperative Pancreatico Duodenal Surgery.
Shimul A. Shah, MD; Charles M. Vollmer, Jr., MD; Mark P. Callery MD, FACS.
9. Reoperative Endocrine Surgery.
Rebecca S. Sippel, MD; Herbert Chen, MD.
10. Reoperative Gastroesophogeal Surgery.
Mercedeh Baghai, MD; Kent R. VanSickle, MD; C. Daniel Smith, MD.
11. Reoperative Colorectal Surgery.
Mark Lane Welton, MD.
12. Reoperative Vascular Surgery.
Michel A. Bartoli, MD; Robert W. Thompson, MD, FACS.
13. Reoperative Breast Surgery.
Darren R Carpizo, MD, PhD; Mai Brooks, MD; Helena Chang, MD, PhD.
14. Reoperative Surgery for Intestinal Fistula.
David R. Fischer, MD; Michael S. Nussbaum, MD, FACS
- Emphasizes the complications of each disease as well as the actual reoperative procedures
- Extensively referenced with pertinent current and classical literature
- Organized primarily by body system and covers the spectrum of conditions faced by general surgeons today
- Combines the experience of dozens of practicing surgeons at some of the finest academic medical centers
- Offers a practical, instructive manual for house officers and surgery practitioners