A Companion to Ancient Epic
September 2005, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
A Companion to Ancient Epic presents for the first time a comprehensive, up-to-date overview of ancient Near Eastern, Greek and Roman epic. It offers a multi-disciplinary discussion of both longstanding ideas and newer perspectives.
- A Companion to the Near Eastern, Greek, and Roman epic traditions
- Considers the interrelation between these different traditions
- Provides a balanced overview of longstanding ideas and newer perspectives in the study of epic
- Shows how scholarship over the last forty years has transformed the ways that we conceive of and understand the genre
- Covers recently introduced topics, such as the role of women, the history of reception, and comparison with living analogues from oral tradition
- The editor and contributors are leading scholars in the field
- Includes a detailed index of poems, poets, technical terms, and important figures and events