Linguistics in a Colonial World: A Story of Language, Meaning, and Power
September 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
List of Figures and Table.
1. The Linguistic in the Colonial.
2. Early Conversions, or, How Spanish Friars Made the Little Jump.
3. Imaging the Linguistic Past.
4. Philology's Evolutions.
5. Between Pentecost and Pidgins.
6. Colonial Linguists, (Proto)-National Languages.
7. Postcolonial Postscript.