Fruit and Vegetables: Harvesting, Handling and Storage, 2nd Edition
November 2003, Wiley-Blackwell
The new edition of this definitive work, which contains many full colour photographs, provides key practical and commercially-oriented information of great use in helping to ensure that fruit and vegetables reach the retailer in optimum condition, with the minimum of loss and spoilage.
Fruits and vegetables, 2nd edition is essential reading forfruit and vegetable technologists, food scientists and food technologists, agricultural scientists, commercial growers, shippers and warehousing operatives and personnel within packaging companies. Researchers and upper level students in food science, food technology, plant and agricultural sciences will find a great deal of use within this landmark book. All libraries in research establishments and universities where these subjects are studied and taught should have copies readily available for users.
A. K. Thompson was formerly Professor and head of Postharvest Technology, Silsoe College, UK.
1. Preharvest Factors on Postharvest Life.
2. Assessment of Crop Maturity.
3. Harvesting and Handling Methods.
6. Postharvest Treatments.
8. Disease Control.
10. Fruit Ripening Conditions.
11. Marketing and Transport.
12. Postharvest Technology of Fruits and Vegetables.
* brings together unique data on storage life and conditions
* includes full colour images
* fully updated and revised
* important commercial information to help bring products to market in a sound condition
* author has many years practical and teaching experience in this area
The index and references are complete and extremely detailed - in fact, perfect.
The author has spent his entire life in agriculture for the benefit of others. A superb book."
Food & Beverage Reporter, April 2005
"It is indisputable that Fruit and Vegetables - Harvesting, Handling and Storage, second edition will be a very fitted and servicable book for those who are closely related to crop production and marketing."
International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 2006
Fruit and Vegetables: Harvesting, Handling and Storage, 2nd Edition (US $314.95)
-and- Crop Post-Harvest: Science and Technology, Perishables (US $259.95)
Total List Price: US $574.90
Discounted Price: US $431.17 (Save: US $143.73)