Religion in the Roman Empire
June 2006, ©2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Provides a systematic introduction to religion in the Roman empire.
- Covers both mainstream Graeco-Roman religion and regional religious traditions, from Egypt to Western Europe.
- Examines the shared assumptions and underlying dynamics that characterized religious life as a whole.
- Draws on a wide range of primary material, both textual and visual, from literary works, inscriptions and monuments.
- Offers insight into the religious world in which contemporary rabbinic Judaism and Christianity both had their origin.