January 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Provides a compact and critically up-to-date introduction to Roman satire.
- Focuses on the development and function of satire in literary and social contexts.
- Takes account of recent critical approaches.
- Keeps the uninitiated reader in mind, presuming no prior knowledge of the subject.
- Introduces each satirist in his own historical time and place – including the masters of Roman satire, Lucilius, Horace, Persius, and Juvenal.
- Facilitates comparative and intertextual discussion of different satirists.